The first week of school has come and gone. The start of year three has gone well so far. The room is set-up, lesson plans are roughly sketched out, and the shopping for school clothes has been completed (yes, even teachers must go school shopping).It is an adjustment this year as we have three new teams of teachers as well as adding Reading to my set of curriculum. However I am excited with how our team works together. Team Globetrotters is going to be a fun team!
It is also my first year being in a district for back-to-back years. So starting at South View again, it has been nice to have last year's students pop into my room. The 7th grade health and Spanish room s are right next to my classroom so I have had several students stop in to say hi. Seeing those students and having them want to come talk to me has definitely been the highlight of the past week.
Here are some pictures of the pre-room set-up before anxious sixth graders come in and make it their home for the year.



3 comments:
What a big room you have, Angie! The better to teach them with, my dear! I absolutely HAVE to come and visit you this year. I'll bet seeing some of your former students made you feel settled in--won't be long before the new kids are as familiar! Happy start!
Wow! Looks great!!! Glad to hear things are off to a good start!
Angie,
I teach with Susan J who has a child in your class . . . I was raving to her about you. I happened to mention that your blog is one of my favorite reads! Now, of course, she wants your blog site so she can read it herself. . . but I think she might have forgotten that conversation (a week ago). I'm not sure if she would read it with "teacher" eyes or "mom" eyes. Have a great school year, Ang!
Post a Comment