Today I had the privilege of a school inservice day. Most of the time these days are long and boring. However this year each teacher belongs to a community of practice. Of course I joined the technology community of practice (CoP).
We, the technology CoP, meet several times during the year to play with technology tools we are or would like to implement into our classroom. It totally rocks! But there is too much stuff out there and I have way too much fun playing around with the new stuff. I want to implement it all into my classroom but realize I have to slow down and start small first.
Today I played around with Toondoo, Kerpoof, Edublogs, and NetVibes. NetVibes is a place to store all your RSS feeds from your favorite blogs, newspapers, weather sites, etc. Now I can login to NetVibes and it automatically will keep refreshing all of my listed sites to check for any new information. Any time you all update your blogs - I get the update on NetVibes.
Toondoo and Kerpoof are cartoon making sites. I am going to use this to create spelling comic strips this week in class. We will see how it goes. I had fun playing around with it!
Edublogs is a blogging site, like blogger, that is more safe for students. I have the opportunity to set up my class with their own blogs if I wish. We won't go that far yet. But I have linked my new class blog, The Sixth Grade Experience from Room 313, for you all to see and enjoy. Please don't post comments as my students will see it. :)
As you can see I did a lot of playing around on the computer today!
1 comment:
Aunchie,
I checked out your school blog, and I can't understand why you don't want your family members to comment on it. Ha--only kidding. I wouldn't want your students to read the kinds of things Charlie and his sisters like to write, much less Paco's comments!
Post a Comment