So needless to say, we lost terribly. Until Saturday, we have never lost since I graduated from Gustavus. Not only did we lose but we got annihilated by more than 20 points. I think I shot about 6% from the field but it didn't keep me from shooting a lot!
Mickey thanked me after the game and said it was nice to have the JV finally put a game together. They haven't played that well all year and haven't shot that well either. I am glad we could help the JV gain some confidence!
Well the only thing I really have to show for the game is a nicely jammed ring finger. Charlie can vouch for the aches and pains I felt on Sunday. It was difficult to move, bend over, or laugh due to the sore muscles. Apparently basketball uses different muscles than I am used to using in my post-college years. Here is a picture to prove the accident:

Thank you to Jill, Larry, Annie, Miles, and Charlie for watching an ugly game. I appreciated the fans! Miles was smart and slept through most of the game. He knew it wasn't much to watch. :)
6 comments:
Miles slept during your game because you have an hypnotic effect (or is it affect?) on him. Sorry your ring finger hurts, and also that you had aches and pains from playing bball. Teaching requires different muscles, it's true.
Hey, Miss Puffy Finger. How's your puffy finger?
Go stick it in a snowbank!
OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm bummed I had to miss the game on Saturday. If you are getting to be old what does that make me??? Good luck with that finger...ouch!
Hope to see you at a Gustie game sometime soon.
-Molly
This post must have taken a long time to produce with only one typing hand!
Tanner
I saw the entire game, and I thought you old ladies did pretty well against the young chiquitas of Gustieville. It was fun, anyway, and you should get some shooting practice in before next year's event.
Post a Comment