Sunday, July 20, 2008

Technology Crazy


With Gustie Camp over I am now at home enjoying my time with Charlie, the comforts of our own bed, television, computer, and Internet. I have missed these things dearly for the past five weeks. If you asked Charlie right now he would tell you that I apparently missed the computer and Internet most of all. I think I am conservatively averaging five hours of computer time a day since Thursday. But I have a reasonable explanation for all the use. I am part of an online class for teachers in our district. We are reading Will Richardson's book, "Blogs, Wikis, Podcasts, and Other Powerful Web Tools for Classrooms." I read the book during camp and now have the ten online assignments to complete. All the assignments are due by August 1st but since I was at camp, I need to complete them in the next two weeks (very doable).


The online class has been awesome! Many of the tools I already use personally or have added to my classroom due to the community of practice group I was in last year. Yet Will Richardson's book is awesome (I would recommend it for Gustavus' education technology class) and I have learned so much more about the various web tools and their capabilities as well as classroom application.

The amazing thing with this class is that it creates even more tools, information, and options for students to learn beyond the classroom. It is crazy how much is out in the Internet world for kids!

I have added some new links to my blog that I recommend people to check out. My favorite links are voki.com, wordle.com, 43things.com, and 43places.com. If you are interested in seeing my classroom blog, wiki, and public RSS aggregator on netvibes, let me know.

Woohoo technology!

1 comment:

Jill said...

Angie,
I'll ask Dan, who is the tech instructor now that Al is retired, if he knows the book. Sounds like you're getting a lot done for your class and having fun doing it. Send the addresses of your wiki, classroom blog, etc. I'd love to check them out.
Jill
PS Good luck in your run for President. I'm afraid you'll be disqualified, though, since you're under 35!