Since my full time job has shifted from teaching to growing babies, I have had some free time in front of the computer. I have recently joined Twitter. Twitter is growing exponentially in popularity. Ellen Degeneres references it daily on her show. She is competing to get more followers than MC Hammer.Twitter is pretty entertaining, just like Facebook, My Space, and other Internet spaces people use to post their random thoughts, photos, polls, etc. about their everyday life. Just like all the other spaces, it is hard to keep up-to-date when you have a job, family, and hobbies beyond the computer. So I am guessing that I will be less of a Twitter participant in just a month or so.
There are some features to Twitter. One of the cool things is that it can be updated right from a cell phone. It takes just a simple text message. The cool thing with this feature is that it allows me to send one text message to my Twitter page and instantly all my followers are updated with my Tweet. If you Twitter random things (like I do now because not much is going on in my life) the cell phone feature can get annoying.

A beneficial idea was presented to Charlie and I that Twitter could be a simple method for hospital updates. For instance, we could send a quick Tweet on the way to the hospital and all of our followers would get a message indicating that the babies are coming. We would only have to send one message to update several. If our followers, who I have set as private individuals, (aka family members) sign up for the text message option - all people will get our updates whether they are online or not. Don't worry we can call too - we aren't going to forget the non-Twitters.
Twitter has been entertaining and I have had several Tweet interactions already! Come Tweet with us!
2 comments:
I think you could continue to blog as a way to pass time, Angie. I love reading your blogs and the more you tell about the babies, how your day is going,and offering interesting technology tidbits, the better.
I'm trying with Twitter but I don't think I'm getting it exactly. I like your messages, so keep Twittering, Tweeting, Chirping, and all that!
Jill
I agree w/mom re: blogging. We've been wondering when you'd start posting things again! :-)
Post a Comment