Sunday, March 1, 2009

A Day of Painting

On Saturday we had a painting party at our house. I asked Deano, Stacy, and Grandma if they would be interested in helping paint the babies' room. With their work, they were able to paint the babies' room and have it ready to surprise Charlie on Sunday. I had the easy and fun job of playing with Henry and Emmet as everyone else worked. I owe Dean, Stacy, and Grandma for all of their time and work!

Grandma came over in the late morning and arrived with bakery treats. We enjoyed some donuts for breakfast. The Cannon Falls Bakery is much like the Spring Valley Bakery - delicious! Grandma helped me out and shoveled part of the driveway by our front door. I am very helpless right now. Dean, Stacy, and the boys arrived soon after Grandma. The boys were super excited to play with Charlie's Star Wars and Ghost Buster toys. I just don't have any cool toys like Charlie. Both of those boys are very entertaining - from Emmet's use of "pistol" and "butts in your face" to Henry's search for monsters.

With all the helpers, everyone got started on the nursery. Henry and Emmet cleaned the walls by using the clean paint brushes to "paint" the wall. They loved the step ladder and made sure to get the top of each wall as well.
Emmet climibing the step ladder.

Grandma and Dean taped around all the windows and doors. Soon the three of them were painting and in just a few hours the room was complete.

The room looks great and Charlie and I couldn't have done the quality work they all did! Charlie was surprised by the room - he had no idea of my little plan. We love the color and are very excited to move in furniture and begin to add the baby supplies!

Henry and Emmet posing in the newly painted room.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks great! What a couple of cute little helpers!

Anonymous said...

Emmet and Henry look terrific with the pretty green paint to show them off. What a fun day--and I hope Charlie was happy to save some time to use for other baby chores! The color is beautiful.

Unknown said...

The nursery looks great! I can't wait to make the curtains. I can tell Emmet and Henry think the nursery is pretty neat too!