Sunday, April 19, 2009

Some Day Running Sunday

I am getting anxious to run again. I miss being active, being outside, wearing my running gear, seeing my feet, and not having a huge belly. I really miss getting excited for races as well. Don't get me wrong, it is fun to cheer on Annie and Charlie as they dive into their marathon training but I wish I could do it with them. Though this fall will be fun to cheer them on with two little cheer members with me.

In thinking about future (way into the future) runs, I am starting a list of races that would be interesting experiences. I'll start with Minnesota as I am guessing runs outside of Minnesota will be a little more difficult to get to until the babies have enough allowance to pay for the trip.

The beginning Minnesota list:
  1. Minneapolis Marathon This race is the first one I would like to do when I am able to get back in shape. The course looks awesome and I love running in the city. But the biggest reason is the sweet gear for running the marathon.
  2. Heart of the City Half Marathon A race close to home that supports a good cause - helping youth.
  3. Lake Wobegon Trail Marathon A race along the Lake Wobegon Trail from Holdingford to St. Joseph.
  4. The Ham Run Half Marathon A race along the Gunflint Trail. It looks pretty and travels from one point to another.

4 comments:

Jill said...

I don't know if Ed Lee's running-with-babies days are part of your experience, Angie, but he had once the same desires you do now: to get back into running shape after having babies. So, he ran with a stroller (of the running variety), and got back into his pre-pregnancy stride in no time. I'll bet he has some tips for you!

espd said...

An out-of-stater looms ahead, too, Aunchie! Don't forget the City of Oaks! Maybe they'll have an abbreviated race for new moms! :-)

Teresa Saum said...

Angie, Did you and Charlie see the review of Once a Runner by John L. Parker in the Sunday Trib. Sounds like a book you would love.

The Kahls said...

Angie-you and the babies were in my dream the other night. It was a really weird dream....I think I am taking on your pregnancy dreams - but I'm not pregnant! I'll have to tell about it sometime....it was wacko!