Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Brownies

I apologize for not blogging for two days.  It didn't take me long to break the streak.  I got a migraine the past two evenings and looking at a computer screen was not high on my priority list so the blogging was put on hold.

Tonight we had two eager boys that were very interested in helping me make brownies.  Due to space, we made brownies together on the kitchen floor.  Kind of gross but it got the job done.  :)  Ethan and Owen did a great job of taking turns.  They each got to put in an egg (I cracked each egg though) and one other ingredient.  There really isn't a lot of opportunity to dump in ingredients with a box of brownie mix.  According to the boys, the best part was watching me put the batter in the cake pan.  I think it was actually the eating part, they seemed to have no problem finding room for a brownie after dinner.
Ethan's turn mixing everything together.

2 comments:

Jill said...

Isn't there a song called "Brownies on the Ground"?

espd said...

Cute! When the boys are ready to start cracking eggs, I suggest using some cardboard (like a couple of parts of a cereal box, not the corrugated kind) to scrape up the ones that splat on the floor. Thanks to Hannah's egg cracking attempts, I've learned that cleaning up an egg from the kitchen floor is not unlike trying to clean up mercury from a broken thermometer. If they even make those anymore!