Wednesday, August 2, 2006

Body Worlds

Charlie and I went to the Science Museum Exhibit - Body Worlds on Sunday, July 30. It was excellent! We first saw the Human Body film at the Omnitheatre. It was okay, not the best film I have seen there. The coolest part was watching a piece of tomato go down an esophagus and digested in the stomach. After the film we went to the Body Worlds Exhibit. It was very busy. I really didn't know what to expect and it was different than I thought.

Once you enter the exhibit you may not re-enter at any time again. Even if you have to go to the bathroom. Most of the items are organs and other body parts in large glass cases laid out in several rooms. In each of the rooms there are also 3 or more full bodies in various poses. The bodies are laid out in a much more artistic manner than I thought.

It was all very fasinating. It really is amazing to see what your body looks like inside. I would recommend this exhibit to others. Just be aware that it is a large exhibit and takes at least a couple hours to see it all in depth. Make sure to use the restroom before, wear good walking shoes, be ready for a crowd, and don't bring food and beverages inside.

No comments: