Sunday, August 6, 2006

Urban Wildlife Run


Charlie and I ran the Urban Wildlife 5k on Saturday, August 5. It was a great morning for a run - cool and cloudy. We ran pretty fast (fast for us) and finished in 22:40. We ran so fast we each won a medal in our age group. Charlie hustled to a 3rd place finish and I took out a few women to sneak into first. We are now debating for next year's event - should we run in the popular and crowd favorite half marathon or defend our titles in the 5k? I guess we will just have to wait and see.

Despite the cool rain at the end, it was a great run. It was a well organized race. Plus it was a "no waste race," so everything was biodegradable. It was very eco-friendly. Oh, the shirts are really cool too.

Now we continue to train for the ever popular - Owatonna Rotary/Steele County Free Fair 4-Mile Run on August 19.

No comments: