

This is my pet Shelly. I got her last year during Christmas. My 7th grade students that I taught in New Prague gave it to me. It was a very thoughtful gift! I had a similiar turtle (much smaller) in the beginning of the school year but unfortunately he did not like the transition from Florida to Minnesota.
Shelly is a red-eared slider turtle. They are actually common in this area. They can be found in fresh waters like ponds, lakes and rivers. They enjoy areas of water that warm up quickly during the day. They are excellent swimmers but prefer to bask in the sun during the day time.
Red-eared sliders eat both plants and animals. Shelly eats a variety of food. She has turtle pellets that provide her with a more plant-like diet. She also enjoys tiny goldfish and night crawlers. It is really fun to watch her eat a worm! She doesn't enjoy fruit or lettuce as much - she would rather have some meat.
1 comment:
Shelly is the greatest pet in history. I love turtles.
Post a Comment