Sunday, February 25, 2007

Holy Snow Batman!

(This is me taking a break after the first hour).

I awoke this morning to sevearl inches of snow. I went to open the door to get a good look and was unable to open it. There were 6 inches of snow blocking our doorway. The rest of the driveway was covered in 6 to 12 inches of snow (depending on which drift you stood in).

Being the sole inhabitat of our house recently and needing to get out of our driveway by tomorrow morning, I bundled up and grabbed the shovel. Thankfully the 20 to 30 mph wind from yesterday had died down and the temperature was near 30 degrees Fahrenheit.

Three hours later and several layers of wet, sweaty clothes, I finished the driveway. It was great to be the goon of the neighborhood. Everyone was out with their snowblowers and just watching me as I slaved with the shovel. No one even offered use of their snowblower. The lesbian ladies next door just watched me shovel as the whipped through their driveway with their snowblower. They also thought it was a good idea to let out their annoying dogs while I was shoveling. Oh well, I guess I am not in Northfield anymore.

The positive side of this experience is that I don't have to drive to Bally's to work out. I got a great workout in the driveway. I can just stay home and watch basketball all day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy postings Batman!
You just surpassed Charlie in the most number of postings in a 30 minute time period. Nice work!

Anonymous said...

Poor girl! What a disaster! Next time it dumps that much snow in NC (ha ha!), we know who to call. :-)