
I am heading to Vegas for the first time in my life. Well, me and thousands of teachers. Can't you just picture thousands of teachers swarming "The Stripe" in Vegas after a day of workshops?!!
South View Midde School is sending 10 staff to Las Vegas, Nevada for the National Conference on Differentiated Instruction July 14-18. Some big names in education will be there like Rick Wormeli and Mel Levine. It is kind of a bummer that Ann Tomlinson will be at the Differentiated Instruction Conference in Salt Lake City this summer. She is an amazing educator in terms of differentiation.
We were asked to sign up in advance and send in our list of workshops/sessions with our registration. There were so many interesting options to choose from that it was difficult to pick. But I am really excited about the ones I did choose. I have some sessions specific to math, middle school, and ELL students. Our team will have ELL students again next year so I am hoping for some good ideas and suggestions.
I also chose a lot of sessions with Rick Wormeli. I have read a few of his books and I just think he is amazing. He actually writes like he is a teacher with years of experience. He is practical, current, and funny. I don't know if it is just me but often times I read a staff development book and find it to be written by someone that has a Ph. D but taught for 2 years and KNOWS EVERYTHING. It is like they are writing a book to feel important. It is probably just illiterate me.
I will for sure have stories and pictures from the Vegas trip to blog about in late July.
No comments:
Post a Comment