Wednesday, June 13, 2007

What a Good Day!

So Tuesday, June 12 started just as any other school day this past year. However it was the last official day we had to report to school. So naturally it was going to be a good day. But the day got even better after school.

We had a staff breakfast at 8:00 AM and then a little celebration in the auditorium afterward. We honored one of our retirees, Madame, the French teacher. She is a royal pain in the @#$ and I am not exaggerating. I had a little encounter with her this year that was not pleasant. But she taught for 40 years in the district which is pretty amazing!

After her little ceremony, we watched a PowerPoint presentation from this school year. It was pretty entertaining. One of the best quotes of the PowerPoint happened in a 7th grade Language Arts classroom this year. It goes something like this:
Student: It isn't fair. Yesterday Jamie said "Oh My God" and she didn't get kicked out of class. But today I said "God" and I get kicked out of class.
7th Grade Teacher: "Yes but the word "God" came out of your mouth followed by "damn-it."
The entire morning was wrapped up by 9:30 AM. I was already to go but had to wait for some of my colleagues because we were going out to eat. And this is were the fantastic day begins.

We went out to lunch at Applebees by our house. As myself and another teacher were waiting for the group, a strange man walked over to me and asked, "Has anyone told you that you look like Jennifer Aniston?" I replied, "No, but thank you." He was shocked no every told be that because he thought I looked a lot like her. So needless to say that made my day. Who wouldn't want to be told they look like Jennifer Aniston?!!





I don't know if I see the resemblence?!







After Applebees, I went to Salon Junallo. It is an Aveda salon a block from our house. I schedule a haircut for 4:00 PM. I went home and took a nap and then walked back to the salon. I was greeted at the door and given a wonderful tea to drink while I waited. People were in awe that it was my first time at this salon. By the looks of it, elderly Edina moms are the most frequent vistors.

I successfully got a great haircut by Charity. When I went to go pay, I found out somebody already paid for me. The receptionist gave me my receipt and said my haircut was paid for. She said if I wanted, I could call the lady who wrote her name and phone number on the receipt. The mystery lady is Sara Erickson. I have no idea who she is or what she looks like.

I was very nervous to call. You never know what this could be - I never believed it was just a nice jesture. So I delayed the phone call and went to Josh's baseball game in Inver Grove Heights. As I was driving to the game, I got a phone call from an unidentified number. I cautiously answered my phone and it was Charity, the person who cut my hair! She just wanted to call because she found out the information on my free haircut by Sara Erickson. Apparently this person was feeling very nice and heard this was my first time at Salon Junallo. She asked the receptionist to put my bill on her tab as well. She did it in hopes that I would return. After I got this phone call from Charity, I called Sara Erickson. I didn't talk to her but I left a message thanking her for her kind gift.

So I had a great day with a free haircut (an expensive one at that) and a nice compliment. Plus school is officially out for summer.

The new joke, from Charlie, with anything that may involve money: "Call Sara Erickson, maybe she will pay for it."

1 comment:

Charlie Potts said...

If Blogger ever starts charging to run a blog, I know who we can call...