Sunday, February 17, 2008

Voki



Get a Voki now!



I am in a technology community of practice group at school. A large group of K-9 teachers are part of this same community. We meet a few times a year to see how we are implementing technology into the classroom and gathering information to share with other teachers.

Last Friday was our lass meeting. We had some time to play around and I played around with this Voki site. It is awesome! One of the 6th grade teachers used it for a sub one day. She sent the link to the sub via email and it played for the class. It was all in the teacher's voice and gave the breakdown of the lesson for the students. It was way cool!

So I thought I would give it a try. I am thinking of having the students use it as one of their book report options. Students will create themselves in the voki and record a book review for their recent novel. I think I may hook some students with this idea. I guess we will see.

Look for more Voki postings on the blog!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

CREEEEEPY! And where are those new glasses?!

Jill said...

Creepy but cool! I'm going to have to check this out. My students would have fun with it, too.