I have had crazy, bizarre dreams in the past four months - yes ever since the babies. Unfortunately I haven't had dreams about donuts. I remember the dreams quite vividly. The strange dreams is not something new but the frequency of these dreams and my ability to remember them is a new thing.I had one of the strangest dreams to date Sunday night. I told Charlie about it and he thought it was a blog-worthy story. Please remember when I tell this dream that it made sense to me when it occurred but as soon as I told Charlie about it the weirdness of it became a reality.
My dream...
I was laying on the rug in our main room of our house. I was laying on my back propped up with comfy pillows just watching TV. Charlie was outside doing some yard work (we had no snow so I think it was summer time). Charlie opened the door and yelled into the house. He was asking me some questions about the yard and was standing in the doorway. I rolled over to look at him and talk about our pressing yard work when I noticed a raccoon sitting near the door. "Look!" I yelled to Charlie. He looked down and calmly stated, "Wow, a little raccoon."
The raccoon sat there for a few minutes and just curiously looked into our house. Charlie was just about to shut the door when the raccoon sprinted into the house and right up to me. It just sat right by my head a looked at me. I was immediately freaked out and asked Charlie to quickly get it out.
Yet in the next second the raccoon pounced on my face and bit the skin right next to my eye. It just latched on and I screamed and shook my head. The raccoon wouldn't let go. Charlie rushed over to try to help, as he did the raccoon jumped off my face and ran to the door. The door was still propped open and it ran right out of the house.
I screamed, "Catch that raccoon! We need it to see if it has rabies!" Charlie chased after the raccoon but it was just too quick and gone within seconds. My eye swelled a little bit and I had bite marks by my eye. I started freaking out because I thought I was going to have rabies. I kept asking Charlie, "What do we do now? We don't know if it has rabies. What if the babies get rabies? Can I get rabies shots?" Charlie calmed me down by saying, "The raccoon probably had rabies since it bit you, I don't think we have to catch it."The dream ended and I woke up around 5:00 AM clutching my eye. My eye ended up being okay - no bit marks or any traces of a rabid raccoon. The meaning of this dream is yet to be determined. I am just glad it wasn't a rabid squirrel - they are much scarier than raccoons!
5 comments:
The part of me that listened to psychiatry lectures about Freud and his horribly pessimistic view of humanity thinks this may have something to do with fears of welcoming new beings (babies, perhaps?!) into your life because of what they might do to you. :-0 Terrible!!!
My personal take on it is that you don't trust Chuck to keep the riff raff (i.e. potential dates for the babes when they're teenagers) away! He needs to work on his mean side. Maybe he can just show them his toe. :-)
Oh Aunchie, you are so funny. Nice work with the photos - the illustrations really added to the story!
Now it's time to post a picture of those growing rabies. I mean babies.
I'm inclined toward a misunderstanding about "rabies" and "babies", Angie. I think the raccoon had babies. Babies, Angie. More than one baby. Get it??!
What is the most bothersome is that Charlie was too lazy to chase the raccoon. I mean, he may have been a little tired from doing all that yard work, but honestly, that's no excuse for letting a rabid raccoon get away. Or, was it a rabbit and a raccoon? And where did the squirrel come from??
Ok....what is going on here? Babies? I missed something....
I'm with you Amy! I have been putting this baby puzzle together with all of the Pott's blogs. Twins?!?!
Molly
Post a Comment