Saturday, February 7, 2009

Dream Doctor In Again

I promise I won't keep writing about dreams but some of them are just crasy!

So the dreams are still vivid and continue to be bizarre in nature. However the last few dreams have tied in with what happened during the day in some odd way.

Dream #1:

The dream occurred on Wednesday night. It involved the Children's Theater, Pledge of Allegiance, the South View Middle School Staff, and an orchestra pit. Here it goes...The South View Middle School staff (see them everyday at work) were performing at the Children's Theater. We were all on stage singing the Pledge of Allegiance (read about it in Stargirl). I don't know how we were singing it or to what tune but it seemed normal in the dream. However during the "song" a large man in the top balcony tripped and fell over the railing. We watched him fall head first into the orchestra pit. All of us were shocked but kept singing. Our choir teacher, who was directing, was mouthing, "Don't look, just keep singing." I woke up soon after that and never found out what happened to the poor man who went over the railing. WEIRD!

It gets a little more creepy. I told Charlie about my dream Thursday night. Soon after I told him, we watched this week's episode of The Office. If any of you saw it, Michael Scott explains his mneumonic devices to remember things. His mneumonic device to remember the Pledege of Allegiance was to sing it to the tune of "Old MacDonald." Charlie and I were a little stunned by this coincidence.

Michael Scott: I am a theatrical person. Growing up I always thought I would become an actor, because, I have these memorization tricks that I use. For instance, I learned the Pledge of Allegiance by singing it to the tune of Old Macdonald. [starts singing] I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America / And to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God. / With a woof woof here and a woof woof there, here a woof, there a woof, everywhere a woof woof. [stops] That one. You get it.

Dream #2: I do not recall this dream - Charlie told me about it the next day. Apparently it was much more clear to him than me.

Last night around 11:30 PM, at least 2 full hours of sleep already under my belt, I started talking. I told Charlie about "28 to 30 students" and "the tundra of Minnesota." I have no idea what I was talking about but I did use "the tundra of Minnesota" in one of our spelling sentences yesterday.

Each night is an adventure with a new dream awaiting and the babies stretching and moving. Nights are definitely the best part of each day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Angie,
Larry had one of his weird dreams the other night, too. I'll see if he'll tell me it again and I'll put it on my blog. Keep sharing yours--they're entertaining and mysterious!
Jill

PS I didn't see The Office. I'll have to check if it's available online. I want to hear a patriotic "Old MacDonald".

Anonymous said...

PS I asked Larry to retell his dream so I could write it, and he declined. He said you all would have to know who Maurice Chevalier was in order to appreciate it. It was another driving dream, but it's going nowhere. Sorry.