Monday, August 11, 2008

Twilight


With half the book remaining, I couldn't put Twilight down this weekend. I really enjoyed the vampire, love story. I know it sounds cheesy but it was fabulous! I really enjoy Stephenie Meyer's writing. In the beginning of the book she leaves so many things left unanswered that you can't put down the book. Throughout the rest of the novel she seems to leave hints or clues about characters and events which lead up to the heart-thumping action of the last several chapters. She sets up the next novel well too with a cliff-hanger at the end. Needless to say I am starting the second novel, New Moon, immediately.

After finishing Twilight I went to Stephenie Meyer's website. Her story about Twilight was fascinating. The book idea started as a dream and it took off from there. I wish I could have a dream like hers! Her dream continued into a series of four books with Twilight's movie release in December. Anyone want to go to the theaters with me on December 12?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Angie,
You know I'll join you to see Twilight! I'm done with Eclipse, and a couple of hundred pages into Breaking Dawn. Good grief, what is the lure of these books? Let me know when you're ready for #3.
Jill