Sunday, August 10, 2008

You're Leaving Me Where?!!

What, you are letting Angie and Charlie babysit?!! That's right, Miles didn't have a choice he was stuck in ghetto Richfield for some quality time with Auntie Aunchie and Uncle Charlie.

We had a great time! Miles took some time adjusting to the new surroundings. The low ceilings in the basement might have frightened him. As you can see from the pictures below, the optical illusion of the low ceiling makes Miles seem like one tall baby. "Aaaahhhhh, don't eat me big baby" says the bathtub-water-filled crab!!



Miles displayed many of his new talents to Charlie and me. He claps, waves goodbye, fake-coughs, blows air only out of his nose, and makes a hilarious old-man-like face. We tried to catch the face on camera and the picture below is the best we could do.


We had a lot of fun playing for the afternoon. There were no major diaper changes. Miles kept it even and allowed Charlie and I each one diaper change. He was a champ at the dinner table too. His favorites seemed to be sweet potatoes and some fruit. The fruit smelled delicious but I didn't sample it. With a full belly and some play time under his belt, Miles fell asleep (preferably in the 'butt in the air' position).


After the snooze he had some good play time and Olympic watching with Uncle Charlie. Miles really wanted Michael Phelps to win!


As Miles would say or wave - goodbye!

4 comments:

Jill said...

Angie,
The Tale of Miles in the City is a good story, especially the parts about the Giant Baby terrorizing the plastic crab. My goodness, Miles and Sven should complete in a meaty thighs contest! That camera angle creates a certain puffy look! Glad you had fun with Miley. He's a sweet baby and he loves his Auntie Aunchie and Uncle Chuck!
Love, Jill

Anonymous said...

Looks like Unca Charlie sorta likes his little nephew, Mr. Milford J. Grimmius. I'm sure Miley was a sweetheart for you!

Anonymous said...

Dear Auntie Angie,
You are funny! I had a good time with you on Saturday. Thank you for taking such good care of me. Can I come play again soon? It helped to see your house again...next time I won't be as concerned about my surroundings. Except for that big hairy uncle of mine. Just kidding! He's funny, too.
Good job taking pictures. Have you thought about getting a job at Glamour Shots? You and Charlie sure know how to highlight a person's best feature...

I love you. See you this weekend!

Anonymous said...

Such cuteness! Glad you guys had fun! :-)